Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Food Bullies"

Featuring:
Fully Raw Kristina!

After going vegan/vegetarian a few months ago I received much backlash from not only friends, but also family over the matter. As confusing and hurtful as it has been, I am beginning to understand why they have acted out. 

~ ~ ~

For the past few years I have maintained a diet that mainly consists of fruits and vegetables. Occasionally I would have some chicken or turkey meat, and had refrained from eating beef altogether... Many people knew this about me. Some would even call me a vegetarian! (I would kindly inform them that I was not, but had considered it.)

Since telling people about my lifestyle choice of going 'Raw Till 4,' I have surprisingly been criticized and hit with a handful of negativity. Why? Well I wasn't quite sure to be honest!  Before --when I was not a full-on vegetarian-- everyone seemed very accepting of my lifestyle and food choices. For me, it was a subtle step forward to inform friends, co-workers and family members that I had made a choice to stop consuming animal products. But for everyone else this was not a very subtle transition! Until I saw this video by the AUM-azing Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram (aka Fully Raw Kristina), I had not been able to completely cope with the reactions I have been receiving. Thank you for this video Kristina!!!


Here are some important messages I took from this video:
  • Have confidence in what you are doing
  • Communicate
  • Be the best version of you that you can be!
  • Show acceptance 
  • Love yourself, show compassion!
  • Speak kindly -- to others and yourself
  • Practice patience . . .    *ommm*
  • Live as an inspiration always

~ ~ ~


No matter what lifestyle you choose to lead, do it with an open mind and kindness in your heart friends. We are all very different and unique in our own beautiful ways, and hopefully we all begin to see that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment